Friday, August 28, 2009

My non-hard-to-read blog.

As I was sitting on the floor eating my cheerios this morning, I was reading the back of the box and I noticed this:

You'll notice it says "... cereal helps makes it..."

It hurts my feelings to see typos like that. People always like to argue with me when I point out grammatical or spelling errors, but this time, it's indisputable. A legitimate typo that's probably been printed hundreds of thousands of times.

Not to mention that they're already making up words that seem to be geared towards the lowest level of intelligence in our society, like "non-challenge."

That's their campaign at the moment: "Eating Cheerios makes lowering your cholesterol a non-challenge." Brilliant.

That makes me wish I had been there to watch them come up with it. The reason I find it so amusing is because it sounds exactly like something I would say in a brainstorming session for the sole purpose of being funny.

THEM: "Well, let's emphasize that our product makes it easier to lower your cholesterol. People think it's more challenging than it actually is. It's not a challenge."

ME: "Yeah. It's like, a non-challenge."

THEM: "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stop being so silly, Steve. This is serious."

THE GUY IN CHARGE: "No no, wait, I think he might be onto something here..."

In other news, I've officially lowered my standards, involuntarily, because I had to buy bottled water. Such a scam. I can't believe it. My whole life I've thought that bottled water is the dumbest thing ever invented, and yet so many people pay good money for it... often times more than they pay for almost any other liquid, including gasoline, milk... even drinks that consist of stuff added to water, like pop and juice.

But it was either that or die of lead poisoning. I figure I'll just do it until I run out of money, and then die of lead poisoning.


---

2 comments:

  1. Kristin and I discovered that if you have to buy bottled water, the key is to buy it in enormous quantity...it's a lot cheaper that way. Watch out for that lead poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and take the empty bottles to a recycling machine and get 5 cents back for each bottle! we've made over $30 this summer!

    ReplyDelete