Sunday, August 23, 2009

I feel like I'm not in Utah anymore.

So I have officially had my first ever beach experience in California. We're talking bonfires. We're talking hot dogs. We're talking sand. We're talking gang shootings. We're talking police officers driving on the beach. LA at it's very best.

I actually didn't know that it was going to be on the beach, and since it was super foggy, I didn't even realize it was the beach until I had been there, standing in the sand, for a good five minutes.

I was talking to my friend and I was like, "so it's really sandy here." And then I was like, "Hey wait a second. Beaches have sand. Are we... no... we're on the beach?"
A truly fantastic picture of the bonfire.

So then I was like "Does that mean that there's like, water over there?" And she was like, "Dude, you're weird."
Me and my friend Marisa. We met in the music program at BYU.

And then I was like, "No way! I must see this water, this... ocean... take me there!" And then we walked about 50 feet from where we were standing and all of the sudden there were waves crashing down.


I call this picture, "feet blanketed in the watery seashore searching for peace - by Stephen Anderson."

So then after the bonfire someone invited us over to his apartment to go hot-tubbing, and on the way there I saw this license plate and decided it was worth taking a picture of:

And then we arrived at his "apartment." Keep in mind that I just came here from BYU, where an "apartment" is more like a set of walls built in the 20's, designed merely to contain life and keep it from dying.

This is his "apartment."

The thing that really gets me is that I felt like I was the only one that was really genuinely impressed by this place. I mean, to me, it looks like a resort. I could be wrong, but the one or two resorts that I've ever been to don't look quite as nice as this guy's place.

Everyone else just sort of acted like, "dude, why is that new guy taking pictures of the building?"

So we went hot-tubbing and it was marvelous.

All I can say is that LA and Provo are not quite the same. I'm slowly adjusting to the culture shock... but it's fun!


---

2 comments:

  1. Haha I didn't say you were weird! You got some good pictures though! And trust me, L.A. definitely gets better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wild time steve-o. I'm guessing you're appartment doesn't look quite as fancy as that one in the pictures. I hope you were able to meet some babes on the beach, or in the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete