Sunday, August 30, 2009

I can't wait for Winter.

I have a few goals that I want to accomplish here within the next year or so, the newest of which is to move somewhere that has good reliable air conditioning. I find that there simply is no escape from the horrendously annoying heat that permeates this crowded city.

However, since that is not currently an option, I had to get creative yesterday. I spent the whole day sitting at my... studio?...computer?... I don't know what to call it. Since it's not really a studio, but it is indeed a combination of a keyboard and computer, among other things, it shall hereafter be known as my "Keyputer."

So I was sitting at my keyputer the whole day working on a short film for somebody, trying to be creative and write music without getting my keyputer all messy from my own sweat. I suddenly really like to say "keyputer." It's catchy. So I went to my room looking for some extraneous fabric, and the best I could find was a couple pairs of old boxer-briefs, which are clean, but old nonetheless and I don't really use them anymore.

So I got them all wet and put them in the freezer. I then spent the remainder of the day wearing said frozen boxers on my head to keep me cool. When one would start to warm up, I would just go to the freezer and switch it with the other.

It wasn't too bad. I mean it's not perfect, but it certainly kept my head cool and allowed me to focus enough to get some work done. It's about 80 to 85 degrees in my apartment all the time. I prefer it to be about 65.

Keep in mind that I live alone... in fact I didn't see a single soul the entire day. But I imagine that if someone walked in on me they'd be a little weirded out when they saw me sitting there recording music in my PJ's with boxers on my head.

The good news is that in the midst of all my boxer wearing I got the opportunity to utilize my new-found guitar playing skills. I'm working on a short western style film, which I've never done before so it's a learning experience for me, and I'm actually having a lot of fun with it... not to mention that I'm getting paid. That's always a plus.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment