Friday, August 14, 2009

My new friend.

So as I walked out my door to go to work this morning, at 9:20am, I noticed a curious little black lump clinging to the wall in the stairwell.

That is a bat. I hate bats.

First of all, I never knew that bats had the ability to cling to a wall, and so I'm still debating whether or not it is actually real, or just a prank of some sort. But it looks pretty darn real.

I'm inclined to say that it's fake because I don't think that a bat would accidentally fall asleep while clinging to a wall, and then stay there in spite of people walking around making all sorts of noise, taking pictures, etc.

But I didn't have the guts to poke it with a stick because if it woke up and attacked me... well, lets just say that being turned into a vampire is the last thing I need at this point in my life.

Either way, it was enough to make me use the other stair case, because I hate bats with a passion. And I tend to have obsessive thoughts of worst-case scenarios all the time.

Especially when I'm on the freeway and I see those big yellow garbage cans that they stack in front of guard rails. Whenever I drive by them I always play out in my mind exactly how it would be if I ran into them head on going 100MPH.

Or when I'm next to a big ledge I can never stop thinking about throwing myself over and seeing my brains splatter on the sharp rocks below. It's kind of weird.

So I avoid bats.


---

2 comments:

  1. Very real, and the one I found was clinging to the back of my dresser. It was so happy when I let him outside. My cat is not happy with me, it is offended.

    ReplyDelete