Saturday, August 22, 2009

I like this carpet

One thing I've noticed in recent years is that my biological clock is obnoxiously strict... strange indeed when you consider that I'm a very heavy sleeper. I remember one time my older brothers TP'ed my bedroom, and me, while I was asleep.

On my mission I stopped using an alarm clock at all after about 6 months because I kept waking up at 6:25am, exactly, and my alarm was set for 6:27am.

I'm also incapable of functioning, at any level, on very little sleep, which is why I nearly died several times while driving here to LA. But going to bed at 4:30am didn't stop me from waking up at 8:30am. Last night I went to bed at 9pm because I was deliriously tired, and I woke up today at 8:30am.

I had the unexpected blessing of locking myself out of my apartment today. Why is this a blessing?

One of my neighbors came over to ask me a question about my car. I stepped out onto the stairs and closed the door behind me, only to find that the door locks itself automatically. Or rather, it always remains locked no matter what. I didn't know this.

So she invited me into her apartment and her roommate offered me some water, which I was very happy for because the tap water here is gross, and they have some bottled stuff. I drank it and I was like, "Wow this tastes way better than the tap water!"

They were both surprised and said that there should have been something in the papers that I signed, stating that the landlord is not responsible for lead poisoning if residents should accidentally drink the water. Evidently it's bad for you. Good to know.

So I got to meet my neighbors and make friends with them, and I may have saved myself from certain death, especially since I don't have health insurance at the moment.

It was also a blessing to go over there because they have a couch! It was nice to sit on because I've just been hanging out on the floor here since I don't have any furniture at all. I'm hoping that my roommates will bring something to sit on. I imagine I look like a 3 year old sitting there eating my cheerios on the floor. Good times.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment