Friday, August 21, 2009

Driving at night

So I had every intention of taking pictures of myself during various stages of my dangerous journey to LA, like packing my car, driving, driving some more, trying desperately to stay awake, eating a PB&J at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere at 2am... which I made using my fingers since my knives were all packed away somewhere...

But as it turns out, my refined hatred for long drives combined with the whole "don't fall asleep at the wheel and accidentally run into the semi next to you" thing made me lose all interest in snapping pictures.

But here are some little gems that I learned from this trip:

  • Arizona and Nevada don't seem to cool down much at night during the middle of August. I was actually legitimately sweating, at midnight, while going 80MPH with my windows rolled down.
  • Drinking lots of rootbeer does not help you stay awake. In fact it does quite the opposite.
  • My entire net worth fits inside my Honda Civic.
  • The freeway system in LA is the most confusing thing in existence right now.
  • The traffic in LA at 3am is remarkably similar to that of Utah at 10am. Evidently, people have a lot to get done in the wee hours of the morning. I was, however, able to drive straight through the city of LA going 80MPH. Few people can say they've done that.
  • Going to bed at 4:30am doesn't stop my body from making me wake up at 8:30am. Why? Why? I guess I'll sleep well tonight anyway...
So there you have it.


---

1 comment: