Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's in your wallet?

Never put all your eggs in one basket, especially if that basket is in the form of a small, easy-to-lose wallet.

Don't worry, I found it, but it was an awakening experience. Not only do I have all the money that I've earned in the last two weeks in my wallet, since I've been paid in cash and haven't gone to the bank yet, but there's also my driver's license, credit card, a little paper with all my user accounts and passwords in case I forget them, and for some weird reason my social security card.

Why do I carry around my SS card? I don't. Not after yesterday. I just realized that if my wallet fell into the wrong hands, I would be completely and totally screwed for all time and eternity.

I got home yesterday, realized I didn't have it anymore, even though I used it at Wendy's a few hours before. Turns out it was in my friend's gravel driveway, discovered only because his dad tripped over it at 10pm.

Just some food for thought. I'm definitely taking some stuff out of my wallet.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment