Sunday, September 13, 2009

It just keeps getting better.

You can buy pretty much anything you want in LA on Craigslist. Due to the high population of this place, you can find whatever you're looking for within a 24 hour period.

I've been looking for an office chair. I've just been sitting on my piano bench and my back hurts after a while. I know, it's a rough life. But it's like if you're sitting at your desk job all day and there's no back on your chair. Just a hard stool. And you have to wear one of those pointy hats.

I offered to buy 10, TEN, different office chairs from people on Craigslist. Half of them didn't respond and then the other half wrote back about 6 hours later saying,

"oh sorry, I just barely sold it about three minutes ago!"

Riiiiight. So you couldn't sell it to me six hours ago, because...?

Anyway I was in my friend's car yesterday driving home and I saw this chair at a yard sale, hopped out and bought it for $15. It was worth every penny.

Seriously, you can't imagine how happy it makes me.
It brings joy where once there was sorrow.
It brings light where once I tread in darkness.
Where there was pain: comfort.
Where there was rancor: peace.

And of course yesterday was one of those days when I did a lot of awesome stuff, but for some reason when I was leaving the house I looked at my camera and I was like,

"meh. I won't need you today, little friend."

And the whole day I was like,

"DAH! WHY didn't I bring you, camera, why did I turn from you in my darkest hour!"

Like for example we drove right by the premiere of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, and saw the red carpet and all that neat stuff that for some reason I never really thought existed until now.

Never again, camera, never again.


---

3 comments:

  1. I like the look of that chair. I lIKE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you got to see a red carpet! I accidentally happened upon one about a month ago and it was so cool! Like you, it seemed like something that didn't actually exist until that point. They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete