Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crazy Night on the Towne

It's kinda' weird being so close to Hollywood, which is yet another thing that for some reason I never felt like it actually existed.

And no matter how many times I hear it, I never get used to people telling me,

"oh yeah I work in Hollywood."

And I'm all like, "Woooooo! Look at you! You work in Hooolllllywoooooodd!"

And they're like, "I'm a bank teller."

For some reason whenever I thought about Hollywood I always pictured it being some glittery city with streets of gold and tons of famous people wearing big sunglasses all over the place walking around with cameras all over them and lots of animated animals helping you get dressed in the morning with cheerful little birds tweeting away as they bring you your coat and hat, singing a happy working song.

Who knew. They actually have some normal stuff there, like grocery stores.

It's a fun place to be, though. We went to dinner and then to a bar with lots of really funny semi-drunk people singing karaoke as we played pool. This is Shana playing pool:
And this is Shana trying to take a picture of me playing pool:
And then there was this really big sign that we took some jumping shots in front of. As it turns out, it's remarkably difficult to get a good jumping shot when the camera is on a 10-second timer because you want everyone to be in it.




And this is Dan in mid-air behind Shana and Beth.

This is me after leaving the bar. As you can see, I didn't know when to quit.

And evidently neither did Shana. This is her trying to climb into the car through the sun roof.

You see? Who needs alcohol? I think we actually have more fun being completely sober and strangely hyper, and then there's the added bonus that we can remember what happened the next day!


---

No comments:

Post a Comment