Monday, September 7, 2009

Three entries for the price of one!

Grapes

Here's a question for you:

Considering that grapevines are vegetatively propagated by cutting, thus they need no seeds to reproduce, why does anyone still grow seeded grapes?

It has to be one of life's most bitter disappointments to bite down on a big, cold, delicious grape only to find that it is riddled with seeds. I've never met a soul that was like,

"Ew, gross, this grape doesn't have any seeds. There's nothing to stop me from enjoying it. No thank you."

Anyway I was just thinking about that because I bought some grapes the other day for 49 cents per pound. They're great.

The Internet

In other news, you haven't heard from me all weekend, not because I had no time, but simply cause I had no internet, which, when you're waiting for a very important email from a potential employer, causes an incredible amount of stress.

I was borrowing internet from someone else, somewhere, who has a non-secured router, but it died. I'm now borrowing from my nextdoor neighbors, with permission. Why don't I just get my own internet? Because I live in California, and the soonest anyone can ever do anything is always about 2 weeks away.

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

I'm a Dapper Dan man. That's right, I called the internet people, and they're going to send someone out here to... what.. flip a switch?... in two weeks. Go switch-flipper man! Go!

Pizza

In happier news, I made a pizza the other day. A friend of mine has a kitchen, and air conditioning. That alone makes her worth so much of my time and pizza making talents. Plus, she makes pizza too. So we made one on Saturday.

It's kind of frightening how much she reminds me of Marissa Valenga.
She has this weird thing were she only likes to eat pizza "the Italian way", blah blah blah which means that the only toppings she likes to have are fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil. Boring. And she was even against stuffed crust. So sad...
So we compromised and decided to make 5/8 of the pizza my way and 3/8 her way. We both had a slice of each and we both think our own way is better... so .... yeah mine is better.

Her's was kinda' plain, I won't lie. Fresh mozzarella doesn't have very much flavor. I could taste the dough more than anything, and it all just seemed like a nice little appetizer for the next slice.

If that doesn't make you hungry, I'll have you know that tonight, for the first time in my life, I'm going to go to In 'n Out.

Be ready for more on that tomorrow, but I can already tell you that in order to live up to all the hype and exaggeration I've heard about it the whole time I was in college, it would have to be better than the fruit of life.


---

1 comment:

  1. seedless grapes=the devil
    in 'n out=amazing. hope you liked it.

    ReplyDelete