Thursday, September 3, 2009

I might just retire soon.

Well, ladies and gents, good news. Only one week after I called the gas company, they finally sent someone out here to flip a switch so that I can cook my food.

It's true, my standard of living is constantly on the rise.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I made myself a hearty helping of macaroni noodles.
Turns out it's remarkably difficult to get a picture of me and the noodles in one shot.

And of course I ate it all in one sitting. Mmmmm mmmm.

Some people find this annoying about me, but I have this curse that makes it impossible for me to ignore typos. Seriously, I could make a whole blog and update it three times a day with just pictures of all the typos I see in the world.

My boss over the summer eventually started sending emails to me before sending them out to clients because he got tired of me pointing out all sorts of mistakes after it was too late.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care about when I'm chatting with a buddy online or something, but when I see legitimate advertisements, especially ones like this one which are already annoying, and they have a typo in their title line, I'm like, "Dude, who's your editor?" Especially when you consider that Facebook advertisements are super expensive, like a dollar per click, or so I've been told.

It's ones like this that I click on just to make them pay a dollar.

Fact Of Life: Models don't use online dating sites to meet people.

I wish, just once, that someone would put an online dating ad up on Facebook and have a picture of some 30-year-old living with his parents and playing World of Warcraft with Cheetos powder all over his fingers. Actually I should be careful because that might be me pretty soon if I don't find a job... I do enjoy a good bag of Cheetos...


---

3 comments:

  1. you are making me hungry! first pics of the delish looking noodles, and then you mention cheetos! now i am craving orange colored food rather than the green stuff waiting for me in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albertson's has a radio advertisement using the word "tenderlicious" for their meat department. How do you feel about that?
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you know I've been here, so I can't not say something. Your noodles are reminding me of a certain pizza you said I could have and, at 1:30 in the morning, pizza sounds good to me. But now I'm remembering your first experience to In 'n Out...it will blow your mind. :)m
    p.s. I'm a stickler for bad grammar and typos as well...they sorta make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete