Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dis iz why I'm phat.

I've become a fan, recently, of eating the quantity that you need, and not more.

This really comes into play in Italian type restaurants that give you bread and oil just for gracing them with your presence. I often find that after eating a few pieces of bread, drinking some water which seems to make things expand, and then getting an appetizer, like a soup or salad and such, I'm perfectly fine.

I think I've been in denial my entire life, and I'm just now realizing that I don't really like being stuffed. Not only does it contribute to weight gain, but it sort of immobilizes you for a while.

What if I got attacked by a team of ninjas on my way home? I wouldn't stand a chance if I can't even move because of the food baby that I'm carrying around.

I went to a restaurant a couple nights ago with a little group of friends and they served us bread and oil... you know just saying that makes me feel like I went to go visit Jerusalem of old...

"We entered therein, and begged of them give us of your bread, and your fine oils, that we may eat and be fed..."
NOTE: if you don't read the bible, you won't find that quote funny.

This bread had yeast in it though, which is always a plus.

So yeah, they gave us some bread, and I was drinking a lot of water, and then I ordered the shrimp appetizer and the waiter was like, "is that all?" Of course that's all, you fool! I didn't really like that waiter very much. And they took 17.5% gratuity.

Here's my appetizer:

And here's my friend Tippe eating her weird nasty oily deep fried plantains.

And this is Dan, whose parents I worked for this week. Imagine him after he's had 4 Dr Peppers.
But I was totally full when we left. Which makes perfect sense because it was just as much, in fact probably more than what I ever eat at home.

I don't like that we've been trained to over-eat. I say eat what you need to, and then stop. If you have trouble walking afterward, you've gone too far.


---

2 comments: