Saturday, October 3, 2009

staples.

Rice is cheap. I've always known that, but I've never fully appreciated just how cheap it is.

My roommate and I bought a bag at Costco. It was $3.76 for 25 cups of rice. Today I ate a bowl of it, which was about a 1/2 cup, mixed with a 1/3 can of beans, plus a little bit of cheese and salsa.

I was very stuffed when I finished. In fact I was pretty full half way through, which is why I took a break to catch this glamorous picture:

I calculated the cost in my head while I was chewing, since I didn't have anything else to do, and I came to the conclusion that all in all, the meal cost me about 40 cents. And that includes the water that I drank.

Best 40 cents I've ever spent.


---

1 comment:

  1. i need to take lessons from you in this kind of cooking. whenever i do it, somehow i end up spending more than i would have eating out.

    ReplyDelete