Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boo.


Haunted houses lose their effect on you when you get older. It's really too bad. I suppose it's sort of like when you stop believing in Santa Claus.

I went with some friends to a "haunted hayride" last night, which was a lot of fun, but wasn't scary at all. I think that one of the biggest problems with these things is that you have the unfortunate security of knowing that the actors are never allowed to touch you, and vice versa.

That really ruins it for me.

Of course it's absolutely necessary or there would be law suits all over the place, but I would be so much more scared if I knew that the guy with the chain saw actually intended to remove my head with it.

I do find it incredibly fun, however, to scare the people that are with me. They never see it coming. Works every single time.

The hayride took us through various scenes of horror with a great deal of actors that were consistently running right up to the tractor and yelling in our faces. It actually made me laugh a little, but it was fun to watch.

Unfortunately they wouldn't let us take pictures which is really a shame because there was an amazingly well done demon, or dementor, or "ghost of Christmas yet-to-come" actor that was probably on stilts because he was about 12 feet tall, and had glowing red eyes and it was just... creepy. I couldn't stop looking at it. Even when all the other actors were yelling in my face trying to get my attention.

I always thought it would be fun to be an actor in one of those things. Get paid to run around and be creepy and yell at people and just be myself for once.

Anyway I took a few pictures of the carnival area at the entrance. Woo hoo. Exciting stuff.






---

No comments:

Post a Comment