Thursday, October 8, 2009

I've been eating a lie.

I've been conditioned by the internet to believe that everything in life can be clicked on. Unfortunately, normal paper tends to be quite consistently the same as it was decades ago before the concept of links.

Someone handed me an article that they printed up from online, and it had links all over the place, and it was even in color. I actually had to resist the urge to try and "click" on them while I read through this thing. I even brought my hand half way to the page at one point and then stopped to think about just what it was I was going to do.

Speaking of articles, and conditioning, I've been reading.

A lot of people are saying that regular, low-intensity cardiovascular activity is actually bad for you. Evidently, your body gets used to the extra movement and starts storing more fat to compensate. It lowers your metabolism. How did I not know this? Did you know this?

Word on the street is that in order to effectively lose weight, it's best to do high-intensity weight training, and sprints.

My whole world just changed. Forever.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment