Monday, October 12, 2009

Seat's taken.

There are few things in life that give me an anxiety attack as bad as trying to save a seat for someone in a crowded wherever.

If you want to be my friend, never ask me to do that. I'm not saying that we won't be friends if you do, but it will be harder for you. Just saying.

I helped a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless except no she won't because her name is Katelyn Stone, babysit these five kids, who are awesome, and she decided to take them to the dollar theater to watch a flick.

So I went to the theater quite early and saved seven seats, in a row of nine, right in the middle. The show was sold out. Kate got there with the kids fifteen minutes late. Worst experience of my life.

It is nearly impossible to save just three seats when you're all alone, but when you're trying to save seven of the best seats in the house, and your friends get there 15 minutes late? I almost ended up in the hospital for anxiety and paranoia overload.

And of course every single time I have to be a big freaking jerk telling people that they can't sit there and "honestly my friends will be here any second and blah blah blah..." It's a nightmare.

In the end I was only able to save four seats including mine because other people just sat in the other ones without caring.

Tips for life:
  1. Don't try to save lots of seats all by yourself.
  2. If someone is saving a seat for you, get there early. Seriously.
  3. Don't get upset with them if they fail and you have nowhere to sit. It's your fault, not theirs.
  4. Everything in life is easier if you just show up early.

---

1 comment:

  1. Ya know there's a seinfield episode about that very phenomenon of seat saving? It's true, you should check it out some day..

    ReplyDelete