Friday, October 2, 2009

In the middle.

I recently sent in some music to a new library, and I offered to meet up with the owner to take care of the paperwork instead of mailing back and forth.

He responded by stating that although he is visiting LA at the moment, he lives
"between NY and CA."
Evidently there are only three states in this country: California, New York, and everywhere else. That's something I've noticed about the music bizz. Nobody ever wants to say "I live in Nebraska. Please take me seriously anyway."

But the space between those two states is pretty big. Really. I think next time someone asks me where I live I'll be like, "Oh I live in between Japan and Norway. Going west from Japan, not east. Just right in there... in the middle-ish area."

I suppose he could have been saying that he goes back and forth between the two. I'll bet he's got a lot of frequent flier miles if that's the case.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment