Saturday, November 21, 2009

bonus blog entry!


What's the deal with "bonus" tracks on albums?

Does no one else see straight through this kind of nonsense?

Whenever I would go to the record store as a wee tike, I would see CD's that have "bonus track" plastered all over the cover like you've just won the lottery!

Congratulations! All this time you thought that track number 12 was included in the album... nope! It's actually not part of the CD at all!

In fact, that track was captured from a parallel universe, sold for bounty, traded on the black market, and then smuggled into the US to be added as a rare bonus track on this album!

It's so different than the other 11 songs!

It especially bothers me when they have bonus tracks and other BS on iTunes. It's not even a physical product! How can there possibly be a bonus track? And what's the difference between your 11 tracks + 1 bonus track, or the other guy's album that just has 12 ordinary, common-place, peasant tracks?

And then of course there are "exclusives"! Woo hooo! Hey, this album was just barely released, and they even included some exclusives! Are there actually people out there that pick up an album and say
"My lucky day! I found the ONE copy of this mass-produced CD being sold all over the world that has an exclusive! Ha ha ha ha take that all you excluded losers!"


I feel like I should be offended that they really think I'm that dumb.


---

1 comment:

  1. I would like to mention that I saw that justin Biber dude on itunes and I thought the exact same thing. I also thought to myself, "This dude is like 14 years old...and he's using this as a positive to sell music to other 14 year olds," and decided his crap was not for me.

    ReplyDelete