Sunday, November 1, 2009

Anything-goes-day!!

Who doesn't love Halloween?

It is seriously one of the greatest ideas we have come up with for several reasons, which I shall enumerate. I'll not bother to list why little kids love it. It's just too obvious.

1.
It lives up to its purpose. Few of our holidays actually do this. Christmas and Easter have become ridiculous. And it has always bothered me that bunnies do not lay eggs! Who came up with that? But Halloween, having no purpose at all, is perfectly acceptable. Please don't Google it and then explain to me the real meaning behind it.

2. Nerds can dress the way they actually want to, and would if only it were socially acceptable.

3. The rest of us can watch the nerds live out their dream for just one night, which is endlessly entertaining.

4. It's really easy to meet new people. Just start talking about their costume. "Hey! Looks good! What's that? You want to give me your number? Okay!" The problem is that you can never be sure if you might regret it later... I mean people look very different in costume. Speaking of which,

5. People like me can hide behind costumes and make up. It's the one night that no one will judge you by your looks because they can't tell what you look like. It's fantastic!

6. Haunted houses and hayrides. They never get old. Well, they do, but it never gets old to scare people that go through them with you. Seriously, it never gets old. I've tried to make it get old... it never does. Never.

And of course people never run out of amazingly creative costume ideas. I didn't really go all out this year since I didn't even really start thinking about it until yesterday morning, but I got a lot of pictures at a party I went to. Here are some of the best.

"Squid"








Marvin the Martian.






---

3 comments:

  1. Nice. At first, I thought you were flipping off the camera in that last picture! I came up with a very original costume this Halloween.....a new dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, the Ninja Turtle chick is wearing red (Raphael) but holding the weapon of Michelangelo. Research fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well according to legitimate sources, in the ORIGINAL Ninja Turtle comic books, all four of them wore red.

    So it's actually YOUR research fail.

    ReplyDelete