Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Threat On My Life!

Well, friends, I now officially have a death threat. I can check that off my to-do-before-I-die list.

Oh, it's real. But why don't I care?

Every single time I post something on Craigslist I get some moron who can scarcely speak English writing me from Nigeria with all sorts of B.S. Which of course I normally just ignore. But this time I decided I would see how far it goes. Evidently, they'll take it pretty far.

Be warned: though messing with scammers is infinitely entertaining, if you give them any personal info at all, you're screwed. They have no soul.

The U.S. loses about 2 billion dollars per year to online scammers, and a lot of that comes from that wretched little country known as Nigeria. Why? Why Nigeria, of all places? It's insulting that our country is dumb enough to lose so much money every year to people that can't not even grammar speaking words correct.

Long story short, I decided to pretend like I was actually going to accept their ridiculous offer to pay me $200 more than my item was worth, and ship it to Nigeria, and of course give them all my personal bank account numbers. After all, it was a birthday gift for their neice who has cancer. How sweet.

After about 30 emails they started to get really angry and threatened to tell the FBI about me. And then later they said that they would come here and kill me themselves.

Seems a little extreme. BUT, I can now say that someone in this world genuinely wants me dead. And that, my friends, has made it all worthwhile.


For more fun on the subject, check out these professional scambaiters.

---

1 comment: