Saturday, July 25, 2009

My evening as a hippy.

Well, I made a whole wheat pizza last night as part of a double date. Appropriately enough, the people that were with me were pretty much hippies, minus the drugs, alcohol, free love, etc. But we spent most of the evening talking about the dangers of American massive consumption, oil mining and how we need to stop using gasoline, pollution, poor villages in Africa, debt, etc.

I can't tell if I now feel smarter because of it, or dumber. The other guy on the date even stated that he is against air conditioning because it's bad for the environment or something, even though I had the AC running full blast... I don't know. I like to preserve the environment and such, but I really like air conditioning. A lot.

Anyways here are some pictures I took of the whole wheat pizza that we made. You might notice my beautiful new rolling pin, a birthday present from my mum. So now I don't have to use my big red plastic bat from Walmart anymore.
The crust is a lot thicker than flour, and I had to add twice as much water because it absorbs more.


Before cooking it:
Our finished masterpiece. It was delicious, though I don't really feel like it was all that healthy... I mean we still loaded it up with cheese and ranch dressing, etc. It's a psychological thing I suppose.


---

2 comments: