Monday, July 13, 2009

I could completely decay before they found me.

The other night I went to go lock my front door before going to bed, as I always do, only to find that it was already locked... from the night before.

Yes, that's right. I neither left the apartment nor communicated with another soul the entire day. Most of this can be attributed to the following:

1. The fact that my only friend is currently out of town.
2. For some reason I didn't go running that day.
3. I had no need for groceries.

It's very awakening to realize that the whole reason you basically don't exist can be summed up into three main points, but I guess that's what happens when you're single and the simplicity of your life is like a big nasty hairy monster standing behind you, drooling on your shoulder, making disgusting noises with its mouth and scaring away little children.

Also worth noting is that I have no roommates, still, and everyone asks me how that is. The reply is simple:

1. Not as fun as having cool roommates.
2. Way better than having messy annoying roommates that eat your food.


So what WAS I doing? Making my new web page and writing music. Someday I'm going to be that creepy old man on the block who lives alone and is only seen peering from between the blinds, until one day I come up with a way to destroy the whole world.

Then EVERYONE will want to be my friend. bwa ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

3 comments:

  1. I find it hard to believe that I'm your *only* friend. But thanks for linking to my blog.

    Also, I'm so glad you started a blog. I love reading it. I get my little dose of Stephen, even while I'm 700 miles away. ;)

    Get online sometime when I'm on. Then we can talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be your friend. And Grant still walks around the house saying, "D'ere Steve, Daddy?" So he's your friend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh stephen. i miss you and your hilarious yawns.

    ReplyDelete