Sunday, July 26, 2009

Frolf!

I think that one of my favorite things is when you find a game that you would naturally expect to be incredibly lame, or at best mildly entertaining, and it turns out to be remarkably fun. What am I referring to here? You guessed it: Frolf.

Or for you inexperienced newbies out there, "frisbee golf".

I went on a triple date last night with my boss, Aaron, and coworker, Adam, and our dates, and I was pleasantly surprised to have an wonderfully fun time.

It's a simple game that is exactly what it sounds like. You throw frisbees at baskets on a golf course, some of them as much as 400 or 500 feet away, with different obstacles, streams, ponds, woods, etc, to work around.

I think the highlight of my evening was when I accidentally threw my cheap flimsy black frisbee into the woods to be lost forever, and in searching for it, we happened upon a real, legitimate, bonified, professional frolf disc.

It's green and is named "Tom". I can only assume that the previous owner expects me to sift through the phone book calling every Tom in Utah until I can finally restore rightful ownership to this family heirloom and free myself from its burden. My preciousssss.

I also attempted to retrieve another lost disc by wading out into the nastiest, muckiest, leach-infest algae pit I've ever seen in my life, only to have it sink right when I almost had it. Evidently it was very precariously perched on a thin layer of slimey vegetation. I was very dissappointed, not so much that I made myself all dirty and smelly for nothing, but that I was just so darn close.

Good times.

---

2 comments:

  1. do you ever go on single dates? been reading about double dates and triple dates...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yeah, about 90% of my dates are single dates... they're just never really interesting enough to be writing about. I think that first dates are more comfortable in a group.

    ReplyDelete