Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Work

So I went and applied to work for the 2010 census, since I'm very much in need of a job and they pay well, even if only for a very short while.

They made me take a written test of 28 multiple choice questions involving basic math and organizational skills, like alphabetizing. In order to pass this test, you have to get 10 questions right. Ten.

Unfortunately, the census doesn't even start until the end of March. Thank you for not mentioning that to me until after I wasted half a day coming and taking your dumb test.

I'm actually surprised at how hard it is for me to get a job here. Like, any job at all. Seriously, right now I'm open to pretty much anything, and no one wants to hire me because I'm always either under-qualified or over-qualified. There is like, nothing for which I'm just qualified.

And it's not like I'm some loser-schmoe face, either. I'm very secure in my constant stream of failures. I just blame it on the recession.


---

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you could try tuning pianos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, Stephen. I bet you haven't thought of that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to say anything, but... yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I definitely know how you feel! I am pretty much to the point where I'd take just about anything! Hadn't heard of the census thing... and now that it *is* March, maybe I should look into that... :P

    ReplyDelete