Saturday, January 9, 2010

Car

Yesterday my car broke down in the middle of a fairly busy 6-lane road, and so I had to push it across a couple of lanes to the shoulder.

Which isn't really that big of a deal. But what kind of surprised me is how rude some people can be here. I was standing half-in, half-out of my car trying to push it and steer it at the same time, and people were actually cutting me off. Seriously!

I had to literally slam on the brakes to keep from hitting people as they pulled right in front of me, notwithstanding that I was very clearly trying to get my car out of the road. Jerk-faces.

Luckily there was a guy in a van that had the good sense to stop for a few seconds and let me get out of the road. I almost got hit like 7 times. I couldn't believe it.

The sadly ironic thing is that I was legitimately going to use yesterday to tune up my car and take car of any maintenance problems. And then it dies.


---

1 comment: